18 December 2018
NEW YORK (29 October 2018) – The International News Media Association (INMA) will conduct its Annual World Congress of News Media May 13-17, 2019, in New York.
World Congress Week will focus on emerging strategies and best practices for news media companies with an emphasis on the New York market:
- May 13-14: Study Tour of Manhattan media leaders.
- May 15: Half-day seminars on media best practices, data analytics, print innovation, and the emerging role of journalism.
- May 16-17: A Media Conference emphasising growth strategies and trends in news media: how to grow audience, revenue, and brand in a disruptive environment.
- May 17: Global Media Awards ceremony.
The INMA World Congress attracts executives from the leading media companies internationally, typically 500+ delegates from 50+ countries.
INMA has selected world-class venues for the World Congress:
- Conference: The TimesCenter, owned by The New York Times, will host the Media Conference and accompanying trade show.
- Welcome Reception: Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum will host the World Congress’ welcome reception, providing attendees exclusive access.
- Awards Dinner: Edison Ballroom in Times Square will be the venue for the closing Global Media Awards dinner and awards ceremony.
- Seminars: Reuters’ headquarters in Times Square will host INMA seminars.
“The INMA World Congress is the best executive-level overview of strategies and trends and practical case studies among the world’s top media companies,” said Earl J. Wilkinson, executive director and CEO of INMA. “Programming is put together by media peers for media peers. It is not just a benchmarking exercise; the INMA World Congress in New York will set the agenda for media companies for 2019 and beyond.”
The International News Media Association (INMA) is a global community of market-leading news media companies reinventing how they engage audiences and grow revenue in a disruptive multi-media environment. The fast-growing INMA community consists of nearly 10,000 executives at 700+ media companies in 70 countries. INMA is the news media industry’s foremost ideas-sharing network with members connected via conferences, reports, webinars, chats, and an unparalleled repository of best practices.