INMA Webinar: How the Connected Consumer is Redefining News Media
In INMA’s most recent strategic report, “How the Connected Consumer Is Redefining News Media,” author Paul Berney outlined the ramifications for media companies when the individual is in control of the intersection of publishers, media, and their audiences. He will share his take on the “connected consumer” and how it is changing the global news media industry at an INMA Webinar on April 25th.
Berney, founder of The Connected Marketer and a mobile marketing specialist, describes how “connectedness” has changed the behaviour and expectation of readers and, subsequently, should be changing how marketers communicate to this “connected individual.”
Berney will discuss:
- Attention as finite resource: Reduced attention spans caused by “always on” devices are turning attention into a finite resource — which is having a ripple effect on how stories get told.
- Mobile driving connectedness: Mobile devices are empowering consumers to not just become multi-channel readers, but also to be connected patients, shoppers, and voters.
- Consumer expectations rising: These connected individuals have higher expectations for news and information, especially via mobile devices where standards are rapidly rising.
- Connected marketing emerging in response: In response, media companies are embracing a shift to “connected marketing” to meet the needs of the connected individual, which impacts the brand experience across platforms.
- Emerging behavioural patterns: Behavioural patterns are emerging on connected individuals ranging from an inability to focus to the need for participation to a need for instant gratification.
- Personalisation and friction points: There is an increasing need for personalisation and the elimination of friction points driven by connected individual attributes.
The INMA report includes interviews and case studies from The Wall Street Journal, News Corp Australia, Hearst Digital, Financial Times, #hashtagourstories, Mather Economics, NZZ, Axel Springer, De Persgroep, and The Washington Post. Barney will discuss some of these best practices from the global industry.
- Date: Wednesday, April 25
- Time: 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. New York time
- Cost: Free for you as an INMA member
- How: Send an e-mail to Krista Avedikian at email@example.com
This webinar is only available to INMA members.
Presentation by Paul Berney, founder of The Connected Marketer
25 April 2018
London, United Kingdom
This Webinar is only available to INMA members:
- Log in now and register for the Webinar
- Check to see if your company is a Corporate Member (request to be added to the membership)
- Join INMA as a member and register for the Webinar
- For all inquiries, send an e-mail to Krista Avedikian at firstname.lastname@example.org