Do you have any European subscribers, advertisers, e-mail addresses, or Web site visitors? The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) goes into effect May 25, 2018, and, if so, it will affect you.
On Wednesday, April 18, INMA will be hosting a live Webinar that will deliver a snapshot of what you need to know (hint: it’s all about consumer consent). Eric Shanfelt, a 25-year digital media veteran, will go through the practical implications of GDPR, what you must do to comply, and how it impacts your various digital system (e-mail, circulation, and more).
- It’s a set of regulations, not recommendations. It’s NOT optional.
- It is issued by the European Union, but it affects U.K. and U.S. entities as well.
- It’s got real teeth: penalties and judicial stature.
Under the GDPR, consumers have the right to:
- Give or withhold consent.
- Access their personal data.
- Fix their personal data.
- Object to direct marketing.
- Be forgotten.
- And more ...
This Webinar is ideal for media executives responsible for ensuring their organisations are prepared for GDPR and its impact on their operations.
- Date: Wednesday, April 18, 2018.
- Time: 10 a.m.-11 a.m. New York time.
- Cost: Free for you as an INMA member. Webinars are only available to INMA members.
- How to register: Send an e-mail to Krista Avedikian at email@example.com.
A recording of this Webinar will be made available to INMA members.