Overview of this campaign
A five-part, 10-week print, tablet, web and video series about the future of Montreal in cooperation with Concordia University and the Montreal Gazette. Double-page spread with Editorial POV on left and client-sponsored content on right.
- Campaign tapped into the public interest around the Je Vois Montréal/Future of Montreal debate
- Five infographics anchored each instalment of the series, providing a digestible and engaging way to present content
- Aimed to promote Concordia as a leader in hard-sciences research and facilities
- Showcased Concordia professors whose research is impacting the city and its citizens
- Included Postmedia Content Works-developed videos of University researchers and professors
- Native ads and social media amplification as well as co-branded digital and print ads drove traffic to the sponsored pages
- Position Concordia University as an institution that excels in hard sciences research and facilities
- Showcase Concordia researchers as leading experts in their fields
- Demonstrate how that research is impacting the everyday lives of Montrealers and the future of Montreal
- Change perception of the university as only a fine arts school
Results for this campaign
How was success measured: Quality of storytelling, page views, delivery of impressions, social interactions,
- Targeted, sponsored content page views set at 10,000 but reached 14,333 pages, 40% over the target.
- Total special feature (Gazette editorial and Concordia sponsored content) reached 23,528 pv’s underlining that the Concordia Sponsored content accounted for 60% of the views and 69% of the Unique Visitors.
- Over 347 hours of reading were spent on Concordia sponsored content stories among the 11,488 Unique visitors to those pages.
- A combined 65 hours of video was consumed over 3666 video views.
- Average social media engagement was over 1.2% surpassing the target of 1% engagement. Positive results also were recorded on social amplification to French audiences.
- Content was retweeted even by peers at competing universities.
- CTR on client brand ads within sponsored pages was 4x the rate of those same ads outside the sponsored pages (or the internet average CTR of .08%).
- Concordia resource center generated 1.37% CTR to client’s site (again significantly better than typical display ad CTR).
- Concordia visibility online reached 1,761,000 impressions (brand, co-brand, touch points and social media)
- Print reach totalled 2,350,000 gross impressions (Montreal Gazette avg. daily readership x ad frequency)